As with any first-time GC, the organizers tried to distinguish themselves by incorporating new elements not traditionally part of The Game:
- Friday night dinner and activities;
- quarterly "pit stops" with food, drink, and activities;
- a complicated, non-linear, point-based scoring system (final results not yet released);
- a trading card side game which was intended to promote team interactions; and
- explicit, forced skipping to keep all teams to a very tight schedule.
A more complete write-up will come after I've gotten some sleep. And yes, my biceps are pretty sore, after floating down the river in an inner tube to read a series of marine signal flags hanging from both banks. The good news is, I now know that I can, in fact, swim to save my life.