Long answer: Below is a list of all my currently scheduled author events and appearances in 2017. Bookmark curtiscchen.com/events for the most current details, and contact me if you'd like to invite me to something in your neck of the woods!
- January 28th (Saturday), 2pm - reading/signing at Vintage Books in Vancouver, WA with fellow local author Alexis Radcliff.
- January 31st (Tuesday), 7pm - SFWA Reading in Kirkland, WA with Fonda Lee and Randy Henderson.
- February 2nd (Thursday), 7pm - SFWA Reading in Portland, OR with Fonda Lee and Randy Henderson.
- February 10th (Friday), 8pm - the SMART Alphabet Ball (fundraising dinner and auction) at the Portland Art Museum, where you can bid on a personalized short story written by me and illustrated by the fantastic Natalie Metzger!
- February 15-19 (Wed-Sun) - Rainforest Writers Village 2017, Session One, where I'll be giving a talk entitled "Dying is Easy, Young Man, Comedy is Harder."
- March 2-5 (Thu-Sun) - Emerald City Comicon 2017 in Seattle, WA, where I'll be one of the guests for a live recording of the "Inconceivable!" game show podcast. Other schedule items TBD.
- April 13-16 (Thu-Sun) - Norwescon 40 in SeaTac, WA, where I'll be one of the panelists for "First Page Idol." Other schedule items TBD/TBA.
- April 19-20 (Wed-Thu) - Melon Hong Kong, a new conference intended to "bring together Asia's best Science Fiction writers, filmmakers, game developers, technologists and investors."
- May 18-21 (Thu-Sun) - Nebula Conference and Awards Weekend in Pittsburgh, PA.
- June 20 (Tuesday) - Kangaroo Too launch party featuring Ariel Waldman at The Bindery, The Booksmith's new event space in San Francisco, CA!
- July 9 (Sunday) - SF in SF with Megan E. O'Keefe!
- November 17-19 (Fri-Sun) - OryCon 39 in Portland, OR.
If you'd like to get periodic reminders and related updates in your inbox, sign up for my mailing list. Also feel free to follow me on Twitter, or "like" my Facebook Page.